Hello,

I am experiencing an interesting issue after updating trac from .11 to .12
-- The latest available on this particular Ubuntu Server system.

We have had issues with Trac / Mylyn in the past, but this one is new to
me. Here are the basic symptoms. I will be glad to elaborate when necessary.

The main problem arises when I try to do a basic update to a ticket: Adding
a comment. A nasty set of errors occur. Eclipse shows some ugly red text,
"Unable to connect at this time, check connectivity and try again".
Clicking the error shows this: 'No permissions to add a comment. while
executing ticket.update()'

My trac server logs show

2014-01-16 09:21:57,592 Trac[xml_rpc] ERROR: No permissions to add a
comment.
2014-01-16 09:21:57,592 Trac[xml_rpc] ERROR: Traceback (most recent call
last):
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/TracXMLRPC-1.1.2_r13203-py2.7.egg/tracrpc/web_ui.py",

line 158, in _rpc_process
    result = (XMLRPCSystem(self.env).get_method(method_name)(req, args))[0]
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/TracXMLRPC-1.1.2_r13203-py2.7.egg/tracrpc/api.py",

line 197, in __call__
    result = self.callable(req, *args)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/TracXMLRPC-1.1.2_r13203-py2.7.egg/tracrpc/ticket.py",

line 250, in update
    " ".join([warning for warning in req.chrome['warnings']]))
ServiceException: No permissions to add a comment.

Trolling the Ted Stevens Tubes, I see some old issues people have had with
similar or identical errors. So I go about checking my system...

Yup, I use the AccountManager plugin, and by jolly, it's configured
correctly. I'm using ' 0.12.2-1build1' package of Trac as supplied by my
trusty Debian/Ubuntu peoples. I'm using Mylyn 3.10 in latest eclipse
Kepler, but the issue was also experienced using mylyn 3.9.

Here's the interesting part:

When I delete my task repo, and add it again, using my trac credentials, it
validates. I go about creating a query, limiting tickets by owner (me!),
and voila. A few moments later, a list of tickets appear. I see a testing
ticket I'm using during this debug process, and I throw a comment at it,
and click Submit. It post, and the data is recorded. I've also watched a
wireshark session and I saw my authentication data being posted to /login.
Whee!

What I notice immediately after the successful post is that "My Tickets"
query blanks out, and the Unmatched ticket list starts to populate.
Interesting to say the least. So, I enter a new comment into my ticket, and
I get this permission denied error.

Wireshark fails to show me that same /login post any longer. All I see now
are /xmlrpc/login posts, with no useful data in them. Now, there is a
session id in there, but I'm unsure if that has any bearing on the
situation.

Regardless... if I go about nuking the task repo, re-creating, re-querying
for tickets, and posting a single ticket comment update, again, it works.
The cycle then repeats.

Ideas?