On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 10:21:03 AM UTC-7, Javier Urien wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
>   I just had a conversation with a colleague and figured that if a users
> has permissions REPORT_* (Not sure exactly the minimum, but with
> REPORT_ADMIN it works), the user can create a report and use SQL to access
> every table on the system.
>   Is there a way to prevent this?
>
> Regards.

The only mitigation I'm aware of is to only give `REPORT_MODIFY` and
`REPORT_CREATE` to trusted users.

It's worth considering to allow reports to be restricted to a configurable
subset of tables.

I also wonder whether we should have a permission level that allows users
to save a Query as a report, but not allow them to add SQL to a report.

- Ryan