On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 8:43:41 AM UTC-8, RjOllos wrote:

> On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:27:23 AM UTC-8, Chris Nelson wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone here done any work to get Trac running in a container?  I'm
>> interested in getting familiar with Kubernetes and getting back into
>> Trac, and I wonder if I might do both at once.  If I could get my Trac
>> in a container, it might be more resilient across system updates, etc.
>>
>>                                                    Chris
>>

> Possibly relevant, there's some discussion about Docker in:
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/trac-dev/oNspLHc1In0/W2Skn5uvCgAJ
>
> - Ryan

Are you looking at setting up a production Trac, development environment,
or both? Given the complexity of setting up a webserver such as Apache or
Nginx, I've wondered if a container might be useful for providing a variety
of configs to end users. I haven't look closely at the Bitnami installers
to see if what they already provide might be sufficient, or if there is
more that could be done.
https://bitnami.com/stack/trac

Regarding development environment, have you had issues getting a "good"
development environment for Trac setup? Over the years I've seen hints of
how some users setup for Trac development and much of it seems less than
optimal. I struggled with it a lot early on. If you (or anyone else) would
like to jump on Google hangouts some weekend I'd be happy to share tips.

- Ryan