On Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 2:31:50 PM UTC-7, mickeyf wrote:

> I have tried to install and test this, but so far no joy. I'm not even
> sure it has installed correctly. I am not up to speed on how things are
> generally done in Python. I was not able to find an egg, but only the
> zipped/tar'd code on git-hub. Not having clear direction on how to proceed,
> I ran the setup.py, which did not show any complains or errors. I copied
> the workflow_notification folder

You need to copy the egg, not the source folder. See:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracPlugins#Forasingleproject

If you prefer to install into python site-packages, from the source
directory you can install as a wheel using pip:
$ pip install .

Even easier, you install to site-packages directly from the repository:
$ pip install git+https://github.com/trac-hacks/trac-wikinotification.git

into /web/trac/plugins. My trac.ini contains very nearly the example code
> shown on the trac hacks page:
>
> [ticket]
> ... other stuff
> workflow = ConfigurableTicketWorkflow, TicketWorkflowNotifier
>

>  [ticket-workflow-notifications]
> when_fixed = resolve
> when_fixed.body = Ticket ${ticket.id} has been fixed! View it here:
> ${link}
> when_fixed.subject = Ticket ${ticket.id} is fixed!
> when_fixed.recipients = myem...@realaddress.com
> when_fixed.condition = ${ticket.resolution == 'fixed'}
>

> Is there a straightforward way to first test that this is actually
> installed, and then to troubleshoot it? I have tried setting a dummy ticket
> to 'fixed' but get neither a notification nor an error message.
>
> Thanks in advance!

If you still have trouble after following the proper install procedure,
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracTroubleshooting#ChecktheLogs

- Ryan