On 09.08.2017 00:25, RjOllos wrote:

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 11:14:25 AM UTC-7, Peter Suter wrote:

    A slightly simpler version:

    return format_to_html(self.env, formatter.context, the_link)

Seems like it would be a good idea to change the example code to use format_to_html, as in your example:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/WikiMacros#Macrowitharguments

, unless the example is intended to be illustrative of something.

Using format_to_html is effectively the same after two levels of indirection:
https://trac.edgewall.org/browser/tags/trac-1.2.2/trac/wiki/formatter.py?marks=1606#L1601
https://trac.edgewall.org/browser/tags/trac-1.2.2/trac/wiki/formatter.py?marks=1559-1562#L1541

What do you think?

Yes, I thought the same thing, but I also wasn't sure if it was intended to illustrate something more general.

Peter