On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 8:06:53 AM UTC-7, mickeyf wrote:

> The plugin is enabled in the components section of trac.ini.
> It shows as installed in the admin page. Version 0.5
> Trac is version 1.0.1
> trac.log does not show either 'sending' or 'skipping' for DEBUG or
> TicketWorkFlowNotifier
> trac.log does show "Side effect for TicketWorkFlowNotifier" but that is
> the entire line, with no other information
> trac.log does not show any instances of the email address I want to send
> notification to.
> if I grep trac.log  for "sending notification" I see only the email group
> used for all changes, never the single address I want to sent to for
> testing.
> It seems like the plugin is not even being notified of changes (?)
> I confirmed that the permissions for the directory tree allow executing
> *.py, and that those files are all owned by www-data
> I confirmed that the plugin and trac were both built with the same version
> of python

Using the configuration you provided, changing only the email address, the
plugin works for me with Trac 1.0.1. trac-WorkflowNotificationPlugin
version is 0.6.

13:59:21 Trac[web_ui] DEBUG: Side effect for ConfigurableTicketWorkflow
13:59:21 Trac[web_ui] DEBUG: Side effect for TicketWorkflowNotifier
13:59:21 Trac[__init__] DEBUG: Notification when_fixed for ticket 4
(action: resolve)
13:59:21 Trac[__init__] DEBUG: Sending notification when_fixed for ticket 4
because condition '${ticket.resolution == 'fixed'}' did evaluate to True
13:59:21 Trac[notification] INFO: Sending notification through SMTP at
smtp.sendgrid.net:587 to [u'<redacted>']

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AZ72KZf9QJQ/WYt4RnlAKII/AAAAAAAAFkg/XJB7-EL26yE8AxGfa99rBtmJhiKWnuX6QCLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2017-08-09%2Bat%2B14.01.27.png>

Note the notification hint next to the "resolve as" action.

[components]
workflow_notification.* = enabled

[ticket]
workflow = ConfigurableTicketWorkflow, TicketWorkflowNotifier

[ticket-workflow-notifications]
when_fixed = resolve
when_fixed.body = Ticket ${ticket.id} has been fixed! View it here: ${link}
when_fixed.condition = ${ticket.resolution == 'fixed'}
when_fixed.recipients = <redacted>
when_fixed.subject = Ticket ${ticket.id} is fixed!

Please consider upgrading to at least 1.0.15, as we've made a lot of
improvements. Even better, move to 1.2.2, and even 1.4 will be out soon!

- Ryan