On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 1:29:38 PM UTC-7, Nicolas MARTIN wrote:

> What does the following yield on your system?
> ['sha512_crypt', 'sha256_crypt']
>
> Seems to be a dead-end because passlib was not installed when we initially
> moved to AccountManager to handle the server authentication.
> Anyway, I have installed passlib-1.7.1 and I got what we could expect:
> $ python
> Python 2.7.6 (default, Mar 18 2014, 22:18:46)
> [GCC 4.8.2] on linux2
> ['sha512_crypt', 'sha256_crypt']

We needed to be sure that the hashing algorithms are available on your
system:
http://passlib.readthedocs.io/en/stable/lib/passlib.hash.sha256_crypt.html

This class will use the first available of two possible backends:

>     stdlib crypt(), if the host OS supports SHA256-Crypt (most Linux
> systems).
>     a pure python implementation of SHA256-Crypt built into Passlib

Take a look at the code and there are only about 3 conditions that would
lead to not taking the desired branch:
https://trac-hacks.org/browser/accountmanagerplugin/trunk/acct_mgr/pwhash.py?version=16370&marks=118-122#L106

>From the information we have the hashes must not have the proper prefix.

> For my part, I was able to reset my user password from the administration
> interface without problem.
> Also I realized that the login module crashes in all cases (void, wrong or
> temporary password from email) except of course the good one from the hash
> passwords file.
>
> Nicolas

There are multiple problems with password reset. AccountManager hasn't been
fully adapted to account for username caching in Trac 1.0.2+.
https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/11869
https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/12768

- Ryan