Thanks Ryan

Actually, I was wonder if there was a better way to handle it  using
Trac's core.

The problem with the custom field approach, in general, is regarding to the
additional join it requires that in some cases. Maybe it is not too
relevant, just from the performance point of view or about queries
complexity.

Some of my queries sums up 3-6 joins, those with multiple custom fields
mixed with information from tables related to macros and plugins.

EmeCas