On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 9:22:34 AM UTC-5, sajjad maghareh wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have installed trac-slack-plugin:
>
> 1. From github source generated the egg file
> 2. Moved egg file to /trac-env/plugins folder
> 3. Installed requests
>
> 4. Enabled the plugin in trac.ini:
> [components]
> slack_notification.* = enabled
>
> 5. Set the following tags in trac.ini
>
> [slack]
> wiki-webhook = <web address to hook>
> wiki-channel = #TracWiki
> wiki-username = Trac-Bot
> wikiadd = 1           ; 0 = off, 1 = on; defaults to 1
> wikidel = 1           ; 0 = off, 1 = on; defaults to 1
> wikichange = 1        ; 0 = off, 1 = on; defaults to 0
> wikipages = .*        ; when wikichange is on, regex to use to see if we
> should notify on the change; defaults to everything (.*)
>
> 6. ran sudo trac-admin .../trac-env/ upgrade
>
> 7- restarted apache2
>
> However, still the integration doesn't work when I change a page in Trac
> Wiki. I looked at the log file in /trac-env/log but it doesn't show any
> errors (have attached the log file).
>
> Can anyone help me find out what the issue can be?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
> Rasool

I assume you have installed from here:
https://github.com/wagnerpinheiro/trac-slack-plugin

However, there are also several forks of this plugin, which is why I raise
the point.

The trac-slack-plugin is loading, but there is no debug-level logging so we
can't know if it's succeeding with sending the request to Slack. The lack
of an exception in the log suggests that Trac is probably sending the
message.

Did you configure the incoming web hook?
https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks

Is there a log for the incoming web hook in Slack that you can look at to
see if the message was received from Trac?

- Ryan