On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 11:49:12 PM UTC-5, Niles Oien wrote:

> I just changed ownership on /var/www to apache:apache - it was root:root.
> It made no difference.
>
> I set up a URL that shows it not being able to write to the database :
> http://netdrms02.nispdc.nso.edu/Niles
>
> And another one with logging enabled that shows it not being able to write
> the trac log :
> http://netdrms02.nispdc.nso.edu/NilesLog
>
> Which, given that I can do both those things when I su -m to apache, is
> just weird. And without a log, I can't really proceed - I have no idea
> what's going on. Any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Niles.

Following the suggested debug steps with strace or as Dan suggested is the
best way to go.

You could also run and report to us the following:
$ find /path/to/trac/env  -exec ls -l {} \;

I would stop Apache and try running with tracd (Trac Standalone) under user
Apache, to see if you get any of the same errors.

- Ryan