On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 9:32 PM, Peter Suter <petsu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11.06.2018 13:28, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 12:56 PM, Peter Suter <petsu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> And as is mentioned there: "The subscription rule name on the left side
>>> of
>>> the = can be anything, it has no meaning outside this configuration
>>> file."
>>> So "the labels that they are typically specified with in trac.ini" are
>>> not
>>> listed. Maybe that is too confusing?
>>
>> At least it is inconsistent with everywhere else in the ini file,
>> where I think the labels to the left always have meaning. I did not
>> get the significance of that statement. So I assumed there was a list
>> of expected labels somewhere.
>
> There are a few other groups that allow the user to chose any name on the
> left of the = sign, like:
> [ticket-custom]
> [ticket-workflow]
> [milestone-groups]
> [repositories]

True. But there you are defining something of your own. Like your own
variable or repository. And still the tags are only partly your own.
Most have an appended .keyword that is defined by Trac.

Why isn't the parameter for the desired notifications a single list
with the notification names as the list items? Isn't that effectively
what the current thing does, since the tags have no meaning to Trac?

--
Roger Oberholtzer