On 12.06.2018 13:08, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 9:25 AM, Peter Suter <petsu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Does that clear things up a bit?
When I understood that that the text like
"my_default_subscriber_rule_to_always_notify_ticket_owners_via_html_email"
has no inherent meaning to Trac, and that one cannot (it seems to me)
make any reference to it, I understood.  I am guessing that there will
be some feature in the future where
"my_default_subscriber_rule_to_always_notify_ticket_owners_via_html_email"
itself (not just what it is set to) is used and can be referenced for
some reason. If that's not the case, then the syntax is strange.
You refer to "my_bla" again in "my_bla.keyword1 = value1", "my_bla.keyword2 = value2". AFAIK that's the only / standard syntax to define such groups of keywords/values in INI files.

But no problem. I know what is going on now. And a few people have
reported getting notifications that they previously did not get. How
the INI file settings relate to the things individual users can select
for notification in the Trac GUI is a different question.
The INI file settings define the default rules.
The GUI potentially allows overriding those default rules with per-user preferences.