Can an upgrade be done in one step, from 1.0 to 1.4 without doing 1.2 first?

I'm not sure where this came from originally. I think they had an automated
initial Trac installer 9 years ago, but not now.

$ cat .htaccess
#<Files *.cgi>
#       SetHandler fastcgi-script
#</Files>

DirectoryIndex index.fcgi

# Make sure rewrites work
Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
        RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
        RewriteCond $1 !^index.fcgi/(.*)
        # Keep the graphics and style sheet the way they are
        RewriteCond $1 !^htdocs(.*).css$
        RewriteCond $1 !^htdocs(.*).js$
        RewriteCond $1 !^htdocs(.*).gif$
        RewriteCond $1 !^htdocs(.*).jpg$
        RewriteCond $1 !^htdocs(.*).png$
        RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.fcgi/$1 [L]

        RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
        RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} attachment
        RewriteCond $1 !^index.fcgi/(.*)
        RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.fcgi/$1 [L]
</IfModule>