Rob Hills wrote on 03.01.2021 at 03:15:
On Sunday, 3 January 2021 at 02:37:37 UTC+8 RjOllos wrote:

    On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 6:01 AM Clemens wrote:

        RjOllos wrote on 02.01.2021 at 02:57:

        On Friday, January 1, 2021 at 6:30:56 AM UTC-8 Clemens wrote:

            Hello and Happy New Year.

            Are there any plans to make TracBackLinkPlugin compatible
            to Trac 1.4?

            https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracBackLinkPlugin
            <https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracBackLinkPlugin>

            SNIP...

            Any help would be greatly appreciated because we really
            love this plugin.

            best regards
            Clemens

        Yeah, it will take some work to make the plugin compatible
        with Jinja2 template. The HTML injection needs to be ported
        to JavaScript. I hope to use the plugin in a Trac 1.4
        installation within the next 2 months, so I may make a patch
        if it's not ported before then.
        https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/13619#comment:1
        <https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/13619#comment:1>

        Ryan

        Hello Ryan

        It would be really great if you could update this ticket for
        Trac 1.4.

        Meanwhile I have checked all of our other plugins. It turned
        out that indeed TracBackLinkPlugin is the only "blocker" for
        our desired migration to Trac 1.4. We like it so much because
        it helps with the typical problem: "It does not help to have
        information somewhere unless you are able to find it."

        Of course I am offering myself as beta tester.

        Thanks a lot
        Clemens

    Looks like Jun has updated the plugin.

    Ryan

Shouldn't this line <https://trac-hacks.org/browser/tracbacklinkplugin/1.0/tracbacklink/api.py#L176> be changed from
def environment_needs_upgrade(self, db):
def environment_needs_upgrade(self, db=None):

I had to make this change to another plugin to stop it breaking my Trac 1.4.2 instance.

Hello

Good news. Thanks to Jun the TracBackLinkPlugin is now compatible with TRAC 1.4. I tested it and it works fine with my TRAC 1.4.2.

The corresponding ticket is now closed.
https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/13619

@Rob: Indeed, the new code (by Jun) is now:
  def environment_needs_upgrade(self, db=None):
...compare both revision:
https://trac-hacks.org/browser/tracbacklinkplugin/1.0/tracbacklink/api.py?rev=17027#L176
https://trac-hacks.org/browser/tracbacklinkplugin/1.0/tracbacklink/api.py?rev=17944#L176

Clemens