Hello again,

I do now really have to migrate our database to MariaDB as we have to
access Trac from another system to read and write data to it.

As the pip-installation is not working anymore, I found a way to install
python-mysqldb (is this even the right package?!) on Ubuntu 20.04 by adding
an older repository to my installation with the following commands:

sudo add-apt-repository 'deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic main'
sudo apt update
sudo apt install -y python-mysqldb

Source:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63457213/how-to-install-python-mysqldb-for-python-2-7-in-ubuntu-20-04-focal-fossa

... but I am still getting the error during Trac migration that says
"trac.core.TracError: Unsupported database type "mysql".
Any idea of what coul be wrong / how to install the right package on Ubuntu
20.04?

As long as the TracHoursPlugin is not working on Trac 1.4.2, I really need
to find a way to migrate the older 1.2.2 to MySQL on Ubuntu 20.04...

Thanks for any hints!!