Hi Ryan,
Thanks for the response, but I don't think that's the issue. I'd put
ticket_notify_email.txt in $ENV/templates and the file and templates
directory are both the same permissions as the rest of the files. I'm only
working with a single environment. I'd added the directories under
[inherit] before I realized they were for this purpose, but removing them
didn't make any change. So far, I've only replaced the 2nd line per the
Jinja2 instructions and swapped the Target URL to the bottom of the footer
to check whether it's functioning as expected, but the emails all show up
the same. Is there a .py file in the dist-package/trac directory I can look
at to check where it's looking?
Here's my txt file,/var/lib/trac/projects/ticket_notify_email.txt
${ticket_body_hdr}
#set sel = ('Reporter', 'Owner', 'Type', 'Status', 'Priority',
'Milestone','Component', 'Severity', 'Resolution', 'Keywords')
#for a in ticket_props.replace('|', '\n').splitlines()[1:-1]|map('trim'):
#  set a = a.split(':', 1)|map('trim')|list
#  if len(a) > 1 and a[0] in sel:
${'%-*s  %s'|format(12, a[0] + ':', a[1])}
#  endif
#endfor
# if ticket.new:
${ticket.description}
# else:
#   if changes_body:
${_('Changes (by %(author)s):', author=change.author)}

${changes_body}
#   endif
#   if changes_descr:
#     if not changes_body and not change.comment and change.author:
${_('Description changed by %(author)s:', author=change.author)}
#     endif
${changes_descr}
--
#   endif
#   if change.comment:

${_('Comment:') if changes_body else
  _('Comment (by %(author)s):', author=change.author)}

${change.comment}
#   endif
# endif
${'-- '}
${project.name} <${project.url or abs_href()}>
${project.descr}
${_('Ticket URL: <%(link)s>', link=ticket.link)}