On Sun, Jun 5, 2022 at 4:14 PM Mike Dewhirst <mi...@dewhirst.com.au> wrote:

> I just installed Trac 1.5 on Ubuntu 20.04 under Apache and with
> PostgreSQL 12 and it all seems to work fine except email notification.
>
> I have a Django app running on the same server and email notification
> (ie., Forgotten password) works well for that.
>
> I'm using exactly the same credentials, user, port number and smtp
> server for Trac as for the Django app.
>
> When I reply to a ticket (ticket #1 btw) as a test Trac never returns.
> There is no crash and nothing reported in the Apache log nor syslog.
>
> Here is my [notification] settings in trac.ini
>
> [notification]
> admit_domains =
> ambiguous_char_width = single
> batch_subject_template = ${prefix} Batch modify: ${tickets_descr}
> default_format.email = text/plain
> email_address_resolvers = SessionEmailResolver
> email_sender = SmtpEmailSender
> ignore_domains =
> message_id_hash = md5
> mime_encoding = none
> sendmail_path = sendmail
> smtp_always_bcc = mi...@xxx.com
> smtp_always_cc =
> smtp_default_domain =
> smtp_enabled = enabled
> smtp_from = sys...@xxx.com
> smtp_from_author = disabled
> smtp_from_name =
> smtp_password = xxx
> smtp_port = 465
> smtp_replyto = supp...@xxx.com
> smtp_server = smtp.xxx.com.au
> smtp_subject_prefix = __default__
> smtp_user = sys...@xxx.com
> ticket_subject_template = ${prefix} #${ticket.id}: ${summary}
> use_public_cc = enabled
> use_short_addr = disabled
> use_tls = enabled
>
> xxx is just obfuscation - happy to reveal it privately if necessary.
>
> Where do you think I'm going wrong?
>
> Any hints appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

First, I suggest to check $ENV/log/trac.log after enabling trac logging [1].

Trac doesn't currently support SMTPS. The [notification] use_tls
option is for STARTTLS.
Try to use SMTP port (25, 587, ...) rather than SMTPS port (465).

[1] https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracLogging

--
Jun Omae <jun6...@gmail.com> (大前 潤)