On Sun, Mar 24, 2024 at 21:35 Clemens Feige <c.fe...@osypkamed.com
<mailto:c.fe...@osypkamed.com>> wrote:

    Hello

    installed.

    https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/CcSelectorPlugin
    <https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/CcSelectorPlugin>

    Background:

    I have been using the CcSelectorPlugin for many years. Now I
    re-installed my TRAC server (now with TRAC 1.6). Intentionally I decided
    to install TRAC without Babel because we do not want multi-lingual
    support.

    After installing CcSelectorPlugin (Version 0.3, TrackHacks Revision
    18597, from Nov. 2023, installation via PIP) it presents the following
    error when I click the "CC Selection" button:

    Trac detected an internal error:
    KeyError: 'dgettext'

    The Python Traceback points to "site-packages/trac/util/translation.py".

    Of course the solution is to install Babel, which will solve the
    problem.

    Nevertheless IMHO either a plug-in should clearly state its dependencies
    during installation (or during run-time or in the documentation). Best
    of course would be, if the plug-in could run without Babel.
    After all, Babel is just optional for TRAC.

    Don't get me wrong. I do not complain or blame. I just want to avoid
    that people remove this nice plug-in just because they are facing a
    "mysterious" error and do not see the simply solution to install Babel.

    Unfortunately I know only little about Python and nothing about Babel
    and thus cannot offer a patch. Shall I file a bug report?

    Best regards
    Clemens