We use a single svn repo and a single trac project, components roughly map to what people used to call projects. This makes sense for our organization -- a new, small team servicing several existing apps all centered around B2B and B2C supply chain/marketing -- as we are transitioning several siloed/vertical apps into a single "service platform".

Early on we experimented with multiple Tracs, one per existing application, but we lost the "whole" view that was most important to us as we transition these apps. The multi-project Tac setups seem to be working for some, but we didn't have the resources to experiment with these at the time.

Also, setting up multiple svn repos is not only an increased administrative burden, you potentially lose the history of movement of files and directories if that movement is cross-repo. Since we had/have a lot of cross-app refactoring, we did not want to sacrifice this information.

So, my only advice on the subject is, try and think of what is important to your organization/team and let that guide your decision on how best to implement your development support infrastructure.

Just some opinions,
Doug