Riccardo Romoli <ric.rom...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Riccardo,

in the future, pls don't use an empty Subject. I've found your message
in my junk folder.

> I need to setup lsp to work on LaTeX file in a remote machine. I
> installed texlab both in local and in remote machine and add the path
> to the remote texlab in my emacs, spacemacs, init file as follow:
>
> (with-eval-after-load "tramp" (add-to-list 'tramp-remote-path "~/.cargo/bin"))
>   (setenv "PATH" (concat (getenv "PATH") ":~/.cargo/bin/"))
>   (setq exec-path (append exec-path '("~/.cargo/bin/")))
>   (require 'lsp-latex)
>   (setq lsp-latex-texlab-executable "~/.cargo/bin/")
>
>   (with-eval-after-load "tex-mode"
>     (add-hook 'tex-mode-hook 'lsp)
>     (add-hook 'latex-mode-hook 'lsp))
>
> I still get this from lsp: LSP: The following servers support current
> file but do not have automatic installation: texlab-tramp. Command
> "texlab" is not present on the path.
>
> Do you have any suggestions?

Have you tried my recommendations on SX (cleaning up the Tramp cache
etc)? If it still doesn't work, please start a new Emacs session like

emacs -Q -l tramp --eval '(setq tramp-verbose 6)'

Setup your lsp environment, and rerun the test. If it fails, send the
result of the Tramp debug buffer.

Please report all steps you have performed after starting Emacs. I don't
use lsp myself, so I need the steps to reproduce.

> Best Regards
>
> Riccardo

Best regards, Michael.