I know with SQL Server you can use dot notation to access objects in
other databases: dbName.schemaName.tableName. Schema name, owner
name, user name, whatever... the default is "dbo". Dunno about other
platforms, might just be dbName.tableName on MySQL.

So if you've pointed a datasource at, say, the Employee database and
need to point Transfer at a table in the CompanyAssets table you
should be able to use <object name="DesktopComputer"
table="CompanyAssets.dbo.DesktopComputers" />.

Caveats:
The databases have to be on the same physical server (or accessible
using this dot notation from query analyzer anyway)
The user used for the DSN has to have access to the second DB
You have to have the DB.owner.tablename path exact perfect and all 3
present
You have to walk 3 counter-clockwise circules around a mature
unicorn, under a full moon, to get it to work.

You should test it and see if it works! :)

PS - I made the 4th one up. :P