Hi -
In my case on several apps, we store the User object (transfer or not) in
the Session scope. Even with 1000 users connected at the same time the
memory is ok with CFMX 7 and 8. From a design point of view the User
represents the real person connected, you would need this object in each
request (logs, check rights, actions...).

The other solution I think, is to set the cache for your object User to
Session scope.

In any case you could have the full name label store in Session scope, it
doesn't represent a huge data (average of 20 letters (high) by full name, 50
bytes per user (structure and unicode, high), with 64kb you store more than
1300 names...).

Anyway, I'm not (yet) an expert with transfer, I'm managing my second
project with it (the first made me addict...).

Regards -
Aurelien