Thanks Bob, that's what I was looking for.  Works great now.

-- Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: transfer-dev@googlegroups.com [mailto:transfer-...@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Bob Silverberg
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:31 AM
To: transfer-dev@googlegroups.com
Subject: [transfer-dev] Re: Column name appears more than once on save

It sounds like the systemid is the column that is being used in the
one-to-many.  In that case you probably need to do:

<compositeid>
     <parentonetomany class="classOfParentOneToMany" />
     <property name="subjectid" />
</compositeid>

and then remove:

<property name="systemid" type="numeric" />

This is discussed here:
http://docs.transfer-orm.com/wiki/Using_Composite_Keys.cfm

Bob

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Josh Nathanson
<joshnathan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Got an object that looks like this:
>
> <object name="identityfield" table="IdentityFields">
>        <compositeid>
>                <property name="systemid" />
>                <property name="subjectid" />
>        </compositeid>
>        <property name="systemid" type="numeric" />
>        <property name="subjectid" type="numeric" />
>        <property name="name" type="string" />
> </object>
>
> When I do a get, load up some data using set methods, and then try to save
> it, however, I get the error:
>
> "Column name 'systemId' appears more than once in the result column list."
>
> And the sql looks like this:
>
> UPDATE IdentityFields SET systemid = (param 1) ,subjectid = (param 2)
,name

--
Bob Silverberg
www.silverwareconsulting.com