If you go to the Server Monitor, you'll see three buttons at the top
of the screen, one for each of:

Monitoring, Profiling, Memory Tracking

If the option is currently off, the button will read "Start xxx", if
it's currently on it will read "Stop xxx"

Make sure that all of them are currently turned off.

You can also do this via the admin api, using the stopMonitoring()
method.  More info is available here:
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/help.html?content=servermonitor_14.html

Cheers,
Bob