I'm having the hardest time getting a very simple relationship to
work, and I can't figure this out -- especially since I've done plenty
of relationships already.

I have an object that has the following relationship defined (where
this object has a column called "agreedToWaiverID"):
<manytoone name="agreedToWaiver">
        <link to="waivers.waivers" column="agreedToWaiverID" />
</manytoone>

And that other object is defined as:
                <package name="waivers">
                        <object name="waivers" table="SMM_waivers"
decorator="smmMap.com.swimmeetmaster.www.BaseDecorator">
                                <id name="waiverID" column="waiverID"
type="numeric" generate="false" />
                                <property name="swimMeetID" type="numeric"
column="swimMeetID"
nullable="false" />
                                <property name="content" type="string"
column="content" nullable="false" />
                                <property name="created" type="date"
column="created" nullable="false" />
                                <property name="createdBy" type="numeric"
column="createdBy"
nullable="false" />
                                <property name="modified" type="date"
column="modified" nullable="false" />
                                <property name="modifiedBy" type="numeric"
column="modifiedBy"
nullable="false" />
                                <property name="active" type="boolean"
column="active" nullable="false" />
                        </object>
                </package>

When I try to access the relationship, say, by dumping
request.myObj.getAgreedToWaiver(), I get the error:
 The method 'waivers.waivers' in 'java.lang.String' could not be found.

I've checked everything I can think of. I've made sure I can get the
waivers.waivers object as its own object (i.e.,
transfer.get("waivers.waivers",1) ) and that works.  I've compared
that manytoone relationship to the various other ones.  I've tried
putting waivers into the same package the parent object is in.
Nothing has changed.

I must be missing something obvious, so any suggestions?

Scott