Hi all -
Hi Mark -

I've different website sharing the same model and back office. I've
shared transfer objects between this different application. I'm
running out an error, for example :

--------------
The method setParentWebSite was not found in component D:\dev\Workspace
\lib\transfer\com\TransferObject.cfc.
Ensure that the method is defined, and that it is spelled correctly.

The error occurred in D:\dev\Workspace\model\transfer\definitions
\navigation.WebSite$B89DF3BAA74E833BD2FBBE9CF0D3E118.transfer: line
362
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\model\transfer\definitions
\navigation.webs...@b89df3baa74e833bd2fbbe9cf0d3e118.transfer: line
255
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\lib\transfer\com\dynamic
\MethodInvoker.cfc: line 47
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\lib\transfer\com\dynamic
\TransferPopulator.cfc: line 113
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\lib\transfer\com\dynamic
\DynamicManager.cfc: line 93
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\lib\transfer\com\Transfer.cfc: line 770
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\model\transfer\definitions
\navigation.WebSite$B89DF3BAA74E833BD2FBBE9CF0D3E118.transfer: line
195
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\model\transfer\definitions
\navigation.WebSite$B89DF3BAA74E833BD2FBBE9CF0D3E118.transfer: line
955
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\model\transfer\definitions
\navigation.webs...@b89df3baa74e833bd2fbbe9cf0d3e118.transfer: line
200
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\model\controller\plugins
\languageManagerPlugin.cfc: line 25
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\lib\MachII\framework\PluginManager.cfc:
line 297
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\lib\MachII\framework\RequestHandler.cfc:
line 214
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\lib\MachII\framework\RequestHandler.cfc:
line 147
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\lib\MachII\mach-ii.cfc: line 153
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\lib\MachII\mach-ii.cfc: line 75
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\model\AbstractApplication.cfc: line 41
Called from D:\dev\Workspace\paris-exception.com\Application.cfc: line
145
360 : if(item.getIsLoaded())
361 : {
362 : item.setParentWebSite(getThisObject(), false, true);
363 : }
364 : if(NOT isDirty)
-------------

The point is I've several files WebSite$XXXX.transfer defined with a
different hash. By inspecting the code I've understood that the hash
is computed from the XML content and after with the hash of linked
objects. It seems to me that the different Application construct their
objects in different order and maybe conflict with each other.

More of that it seemed to me that was a gain to share the
transferFactory and the transfer object in the server scope
(server.oTransferFactory and server.oTransfer...). I'm going to
rolling this back to the Application scope and to dedicate a
definitions directory for each application.

Does it make sense ? Am I right ?

Thanks to all,
Aurélien

Try out the new Transfer ORM Custom Google Search:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=002375903941309441958:2s7wbd5ocb8