Hi all

Just wanted to find out if people are using IBOs with Transfer or has
anyone found a better solution? Here is a case I was going to solve
with an IBO:

I have a promotion object which has a start and end date/time. I've
added a getStatus() method to my Transfer decorator which works out if
the date/time is expired, running or scheduled. The problem is that
when I retrieve a list from Transfer I only get a query back (missing
the status column of course, therefore I have to repeat the logic in
getStatus() on every page where I show my list. As you can imagine
this opens things up for potential bugs when you forget to change the
logic in one place. I figure an IBO would fit well here? Does anyone
have a generic IBO CFC (Abstract Class) which would save me having to
create my own (or use Peter Bells/Ben Nadel's dated versions)?

Mark: have you thought about building the IBO into Transfer? I
understand the dangers of implementing an IBO when you've got many
records etc but you could highlight that in the documentation.

Cheers
Matthew

Try out the new Transfer ORM Custom Google Search:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=002375903941309441958:2s7wbd5ocb8