I finally ended up modifying the component
transfer/com/tql/SelectStatement.cfc. I modified the method
executeEvaluation, these are the changes:

   - added a local var: <cfset var close = false />
   - replaced the line 180 (#block.preSQL#) with:

<cfif ReFind("LIKE$", block.preSQL) GT 0>
  #ReReplace( block.preSQL, "(.*) ([a-zA-Z_\.]+) LIKE$", "\1 LOWER(\2) LIKE
LOWER(" )#
  <cfset close = true />
<cfelse>
  #block.preSQL#
</cfif>

   - and added after the </cfswitch>, in line 202:

<cfif close >
  )
  <cfset close = false />
</cfif>

This transforms all "table.column LIKE <param>" to "LOWER(table.column) LIKE
LOWER(<param>)". It's no more than an ugly hack, but it works for now. I'd
really like to add support for a few SQL functions to TQL... but I'm afraid
it'll have to wait.

Hope that helps someone,

Pedro.

Try out the new Transfer ORM Custom Google Search:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=002375903941309441958:2s7wbd5ocb8