On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:47:51 PM UTC-7, Mark Mandel wrote:

> Try/catch inside the XMLFileReader - if it overflows, then load up the
> path again. It knows where the XML file is, so it can always try it again.
> <http://www.2ddu.com/>

That did it... on my wedged future production server, first I ran the code
that generated the stack overflow - still failed.  Then I ran this:

<cfset orm = application.cs.getBean("ormService") />
<cfset xmlFileReader =
orm.getTransfer().getObjectManager().getObjectDAO().getConfigReader() />
<cfdump var="#arrayLen(xmlFileReader.getXMLCollection())#"
label="pre-reload, num of xml files" />
<cfset
xmlFileReader.addXML('/var/www/pukka/main-prod/config/transfer/transfer.xml',
true) />
<cfdump var="#arrayLen(xmlFileReader.getXMLCollection())#"
label="post-reload, num of xml files" />

Then I re-ran the borked code and actually it still failed.  The overwrite
flag true here doesn't overwrite it only prepends to the array of XML files
so the search still failed when it hit the original, somehow jacked up, XML
file.  I manually killed it with arrayDeleteAt(getXMLCollection(), 2) and
then re-ran my error-generating code and it worked fine.

I'm not sure how to report this... clearly something is fubar'd and it
looks like a bug in CF but it's not reproducible in the traditional sense.
For now, I'm going to wrap the xmlsearch with a try/catch and see if that
works?

Thanks for the help Mark.

Try out the new Transfer ORM Custom Google Search:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=002375903941309441958:2s7wbd5ocb8

transfer-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com

---
to transfer-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.