Octa,

Did you end up working this out?

I'd be pretty surprised if Transfer worked with a distributed cache, but it
would be interesting to see if you got it happening.

Have a search of the mail archives - pretty sure we've discussed this
before.

Mark

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Octa Karsono <ocp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am new to this group, and the whole coldfusion technology.
> Recently I am assigned to increase the scalability of an application
> developed in Coldfusion 8, Transfer ORM, and MachII framework. I am to
> deploy the application into multiserver/multinode clustering mode.
> The application is now running in multiserver cluster, but when it comes
> to making changes to the database via Transfer, the changes are not
> replicated/synchronised across other server nodes.
>
> I had a look at Transfersync and ActiveMQ, but I got stuck in getting it
> to work. Then I tried the pluggable_cache branch from Mark's Transfer ORM,
> and then tried to convert the ehcache in the library to one that supports
> distributed caching.
>
> I am trying to upgrade the pluggable cache (Ehcache) in Transfer to the
> Terracotta's latest Ehcache, which supports distributed caching.
> I downloaded a copy of Mark's pluggable_cache transfer (
> http://svn.riaforge.org/transfer/transfer/branches/pluggable_cache/),
> implemented it into my application, and it was working up to that point.
> Then I followed the instructions in this article (
> http://java.dzone.com/articles/building-high-performance) to upgrade the
> ehcache, but when I build my application, it was complaining:
>

> Original Exception: Type: coldspring.beanCreationException || Message:
> Bean creation exception during init() of transfer.TransferFactory ||
> Detail: Error while attempting to autowire object of type
> transfer.com.cache.CacheManager:
> [Line: 30 ::
> C:/inetpub/wwwroot/transfer_v1-1/transfer/com/exception/Exception.cfc ::
> Error while attempting to autowire object of type
> transfer.com.cache.provider.ProviderManager ::
> [Line: 80 ::
> C:/inetpub/wwwroot/transfer_v1-1/transfer/com/cache/provider/EHCacheProvider.cfc
> :: Object instantiation exception. :: An exception occurred while
> instantiating a Java object. The class must not be an interface or an
> abstract class. Error: ''.]] || Original Template:
> C:/inetpub/wwwroot/coldspring1-2-final/beans/DefaultXmlBeanFactory.cfc at
> line 893
>

> Have anyone experienced similar scenario?
> Or maybe give some hints on how to solve the problem that I am facing?
>
> Cheers,
> Octa
>

>  --
> --
> Before posting questions to the group please read:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/transfer-dev/web/how-to-ask-support-questions-on-transfer
>
> Try out the new Transfer ORM Custom Google Search:
> [...]

E: mark.man...@gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic
W: www.compoundtheory.com

2 Devs from Down Under Podcast