Dylan,

I have also had these errors.  I'm not sure if they are related to the
xmlSearch() thread-safety issues or not, but this code solved the problem
for me:

in com/events/EventManager.cfc around line 257:

try {
    // when we frequently run discardAll(), the page then tries to fire
afternew events generating:
    // Expression: Element AFTERNEWOBSERVERCOLLECTION is undefined in a
CFML structure referenced as part of an expression.
    // should be safe to ignore it as if it doesn't run; I don't think we
have any afternew advice anyways
    getObserverCollection(arguments.transfer,
arguments.type).fireEvent(event);
} catch (any e) {
    // record in logfile for testing
    writeLog(type="Error", file="transfer-advice-error.log",
text="[#e.type#] fireEvent #arguments.type#: #e.message#");
}

You could obviously remove the logging and just silently ignore it (since,
if the thing doesn't exist, it can't fire the advice).

Brian

On Friday, April 11, 2014 9:24:29 AM UTC-7, Dylan Miyake wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting random/intermittent errors that read:
>
>  Element AFTERNEWOBSERVERCOLLECTION is undefined in a CFML structure
> referenced as part of an expression.
>  from
>
> C:\foo\bar\transfer\com\facade\AbstractBaseFacade.cfc , line 207
>
> This seems to happen more frequently when the site is under load.  But I
> can't for the life of me replicate it at all.  I'm not using any observers,
> so by observers.cfc is blank.  Could this be causing the issue?  I've
> attached the AbstractBaseFacade CFC -- I'd be happy to just comment out the
> observer collections, but don't want to break other stuff in here.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dylan

Try out the new Transfer ORM Custom Google Search:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=002375903941309441958:2s7wbd5ocb8

transfer-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com

---
to transfer-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.