I got pulled to another task but just tried this today - AMAZING!  Thank
you for resolving this headache!

On Friday, July 11, 2014 5:15:02 PM UTC-6, Brian G wrote:

> This is a long running thread but I came across some recent updates on why
> Transfer (under load like on init) may be crapping out reliably:
>
> http://cfmlblog.adamcameron.me/2014/04/ye-olde-xmlsearche-bugge.html
>
> What Adam describes is exactly the error I get in XMLFileReader when it
> blows up.  Errors like:
>
> Failed to
> XMLSearch(/transfer/objectDefinitions/package[@name='theme']/object[@name='filter'])
>
> in XMLFileReader.cfc due to: [Expression] Unable to process the result of
> the XMLSearch for ''.  I couldn't wrap my head around how it had an Xpath
> search but thought it was ''.   What's interesting is that Model-Glue has a
> similar XML loader but it is single threaded on startup so it doesn't
> manifest itself there.
>
> Here's the source issue which was described as far back as 2008:
> http://house-of-fusion.10909.n7.nabble.com/XMLSearch-not-thread-safe-td65967.html
>
> And here is the Adobe bugbase issue for the xmlSearch wackiness:
> https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3739102
>
> I have long considered rewriting the Transfer config file from XML to JSON
> due to the XML errors and it looks like this would work.  Another option
> would be to perform a duplicate() on the XML before running xmlSearch which
> fixes the problem (but introduces a performance problem) in the house of
> fusion thread.  You would add it here in XMLFileReader.cfc:
>
>   results.addAll(xmlSearch(duplicate(collection[counter]),
> arguments.xpath));
>
> In my limited testing, it appears that xmlSearch() on the config is only
> done the first time a particular object is instantiated.  On my local
> laptop with a 1330-line XML file, the duplicate() takes 4-7ms.  I'm going
> to push to production and see if this solves my issues but based on Adam
> Cameron's test case, it sounds like it does.
>
> While I have no hair left, I'm sure glad to see there really is an issue.
> Now I'm just pissed that for 4+ years Adobe has allowed something like this
> to exist.  :\
>

> Brian

Try out the new Transfer ORM Custom Google Search:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=002375903941309441958:2s7wbd5ocb8

transfer-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com

---
to transfer-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.