Hello,

> You said you have been working at storage level on Pootle. I would
> like to know about your implementation of plural forms in xliff.

Sorry for the

This is actually a contested point right now.  Currently I have the
following Python data structure:

[(msgid, msgstr),
 (msgid, msgstr),
 ...]

(i.e., a list of 2-tuples).  As far as I understand, XLIFF works in a
similar way.  However, people have raised objections to this structure,
and I'm almost convinced to change it to either gettext-style
msgid, msgid_plural, msgstr[], or to two lists msgid[] and msgstr[],
mostly because of the dynamic number of plurals for different languages.

Your thoughts on plural storage are very welcome, because I'm working
on integrating Pootle with the new backend and I'd rather have such
fundamental things sorted out earlier than later.

--
Gintautas Miliauskas
http://gintasm.blogspot.com