Op Vrydag 2008-02-29 skryf Miklos Vajna:
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 07:19:05AM +0100, Christian Perrier <[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I want to make commit from command line. I can make commits through cron
> > > scripts, but I want through pootle, because add a message about
> > > translator and translated strings.
> > >
> > > Is this possible?
> >

> > As far as I know, no.
> >
> > This is something we also need for Debian's experimental Pootle
> > server.
>
> hmm. i think it's good to force users to commit manually, so that you
> can run 'git blame' (or other similar command for other vcses) to see
> who committed for example a mistake. if you do anonymous commits, then
> you can't blame anybody when a bug is found.

Well, the Last-Translator header field helps a little bit, and if people
commit manually, that can also help. In XLIFF files, you might be able
to store all sorts of interesting meta information (like who, when,
etc.), but the tool support is not really there yet.

I guess the support provided by Pootle is really meant for cases where
we want to give VCS access to more people that might not know or care
about the differences. And of course, no extra accounts necessary, as
the Pootle accounts are used.

It is not ideal for everything, but solves some problems for some
people. People who want to script commits from the server / cron can
still do that, and it won't interfere with Pootle as long as it was
working in the first place (non-interactive authentication).

Friedel