More feedback from the field:

On 17/06/2008, at 1:04 AM, Yama Ploskonka wrote:

[Yama] The only way to bridge this, in my opinion, is to
involve the community, and for that to develop a more user friendly UI
for localization than Pootle.  I have no solution really.

[Clytie] Pootle is widely used offline for translate-a-thons and other community translation tasks. It was initially designed for use by third-world communities. How do you think it needs to change to become more user-friendly?