On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 02:42:50PM +0200, F Wolff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'm querying this further. Meanwhile, is there any common install/
> > admin error which might disable the translated interfaces?
>
> The translations for the interface is obtained through the translation
> project called "pootle" as shipped with the Pootle software. It is a way
> to show people where the translation files can be, what an installed
> project can look like, etc.
>
> If people don't want people to fiddle with the interface translations,
> they can just not give translation rights for those projects. Otherwise
> I'm not sure why somebody would not add the Pootle project to their
> server.

I think the question was a bit something else: He registered on our
server, selected the Vietnamese as the language of the user interface,
but it's still English. I checked that the Pootle po files are there,
and I don't have too much idea why the user interface is still English
for him.

I reproduced the same with Hungarian, so probably the issue is not
translation-specific.

Version infos:

http://pootle.frugalware.org/about.html

Thanks.