Quoting F Wolff ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> > Actually, I installed a backported git-core package. Even on official
> > Debian servers, we are using this package, indeed..:-)
>
> What is the version number of the git package you are using?  As I

Now, 1.5.5. But I now have to check if the problem is still here.

> Yes, this is where direct use of SVN would cause a conflict. Obviously a
> Pootle server can't afford a conflict, since the file would become
> unusable.
>
> Therefore Pootle will be conservative and will consider the version
> control system to be the authority and any conflicts in the local file
> get be converted to suggestions. These suggestions then need to be

Only conflicts, then ?

So, if for instance the upstream change is a new string and the local
Pootle change was made in another string, then that local uncommited
change will not be converted to a suggestion, right ?

The same stands if the upstream change is a string getting fuzzy while
the local change is made in *another* string.