On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Clytie Siddall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi everyone :)
>
> This SoC work is indeed exciting, and will save us all a lot of time and
> confusion.
>
> On 26/06/2008, at 3:26 PM, F Wolff wrote:
>>

>>> - What happens with the View Suggestions option? Should we keep it as
>>> is or should we remove it?
>>
>> I'm not 100% sure, but my hope is that it will become unnecessary once
>> we show the information most of the time. We will have to see if it
>> works out in the GUI (Will a user realise how to view suggestions? Will
>> it be an important use case?)
>
> I think we do need to provide a function that will only view/process
> suggestions, because of the review process.
>
> For example, my team has fully-translated the OpenOffice.org Help, but we
> consider this a first draft. We encourage other translators and users to
> suggest improvements to the translation. This will be an ongoing process.
>
> When we login to that Pootle, "ToDo" (or whatever you plan to call the Quick
> Translate function) won't have any untranslated strings to check. But there
> may be quite a few suggestions to process.
>
> If ToDo considers suggestions to be pending tasks, then that's OK: it will
> take the admin through the suggested translations. If it only considers
> untranslated/fuzzy strings to be pending tasks, then the suggestions will be
> ignored. With half a million words in the translation corpus, you don't want
> to have to browse through the strings one by one to find the suggestions.
>
> from Clytie

Yes Clytie, I agree with you but I think you've understood something different.

In my initial post I was referring to the "View Suggestions" option,
which only displays the suggestions made until the moment. But I think
you're talking about "Review Suggestions", which is more or less the
same but for users with reviewing privileges.

So my question was: is it necessary to keep the "View Suggestions"
option? It will be displayed at the same time of translating, so will
it make sense?
On the other hand, "Review Suggestions" mustn't be removed but adapted
to the new reviewing interface.

After all, do you think "View Suggestions" will be an important use case?

Julen.