Clytie Siddall wrote:

> Samuel, when you helpfully uploaded the merged Wordpress files (thankyou
> ;), some characters have been converted to entities, e.g. apostrophes:
> ___
> Can&#8217;t delete the <strong>%s</strong>category: this is the default one

Actually, these entities occur in the PO files created by the Wordpress
team themselves.  I think it's rather silly and I did submit a bug
report about it -- I think they should at least mention what the entity
stand for, in the string comments.  Remember, the PO files are generated
from PHP (or... HTML) files, so certain characters will be entitised.

There is no need to retain the entity in the translation, of course.

This is also an issue with Pootle -- perhaps Pootle should be made to
recognise XML based PO files and display the entities as actual
characters.  Do I smell a Pootle RFE here...? :-)

Samuel

Related links:
http://pootle.locamotion.org/vi/wordpress/
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/decathlon/wordpress