Technically Samuel is in charge :) certainly of what gets chosen for
Decathlon.  Some (re)explanation of the goals of decathlon might help
people understand how we arrived at choices.

Initially we worked hard to get buyin from people.  That was the first
avenue and delivered some results but not major.  We have worked on some
things like terminology, PO cleanup, etc to try to win favour with
teams.

Our new strategy is simply this.  Lets translate the best softwre, that
can make the highest cross platform impact.  Screw the projects (within
reason of course).  We care about localisation really.

So we do choose what we want to do in Decathlon.  As far as other
projects we prefer to see them host Pootle servers: OpenOffice.org,
Mozilla, Creative Commons all have their own.  Call it a two pronged
approach and we really want users who have seen the benefit to help
encourage others to use Pootle.  If you consider that its taken quite a
long time to get Mozilla involved but now they are doing some amazing
coding then you realise that this is a very good approach to growing the
group of people helping to make Pootle better.

Do don't forget to thank all the nice coders.  And don't stop suggesting
good applications for Decathlon.  But think high impact and multiplier
effect.

--
Dwayne Bailey
Managing Director                               +27 12 460 1095 (w)