Since Mandriva is the most popular distro in the translate.org.za
office I thought we should make it easier for Mandriva users to test
latest Pootle. so I built rpm packages for Pootle 2.0.0-rc2 and
Translate Toolkit 1.5.1 for the latest Mandriva 2010

you can download them from
http://translate.sourceforge.net/snapshots/Pootle-2.0.0-rc2/mandriva/

just urpmi both files (or double click on them starting with
python-translate one) and they'll be installed with all dependencies.
then browse to http://localhost/pootle on first visit it'll take a few
minutes (for some large values of few) to setup default languages and
projects and precalculate their stats.

this package should automatically integrate with apache and memcached
making it much easier to setup Pootle (if you want to use mysql you'll
still have to do it manually though).

if you're using an older version of mandriva you
can use the source rpms from
http://translate.sourceforge.net/snapshots/Pootle-2.0.0-rc2/mandriva/SRPM/
to build packages for your version

cheers,