On 27 November 2013 01:22, Saint Germain <saint...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I successfully installed Pootle on Debian Testing with the following
>   - use of PostgreSQL
>   - python-levenshtein
>   - python-memcached
>   - iso-codes
>   - Xapian
>
> However I am still using it with the CherryPy server.
>
> I would like to understand how the "Similar translations" suggestions
> work when translating strings:
>
> 1) I've done a test and put similar strings to translate. I translate
> the first, but when translating the second string, I don't have any
> "Similar translations". Should I do something (update ?) for the engine
> to record the previous translated strings ?

Similar translations come from an Amagama server, by default
amagama.locamotion.org

Once Pootle 2.5.1 is released we will land our local TM changes which will
deliver similar translations from the Pootle server itself.

> 2) What happen when I update the .po file for the source language ?
> Let's say that in the new .po file a string is changed from "Server
> Error" to "Server Error detected".
> When I update other languages .po files from the source language .po
> file, I suppose that I will have to translate "Server Error detected"
> but will I get the previous translated "Server Error" as "Similar
> translations" ?

In PO such a string will usually go fuzzy, meaning it will need to be
reviewed and updated.

> 3) Is it possible to display the translation from other language for
> suggestion or hints ?

Yes, as long as there is a valid translation for a unit it is possible to
view these translations.  See
http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/pootle/en/latest/features/alternative_source_language.html

> 4) Is there some keyboard shortcuts to do the translation ?
> For the moment I am clicking a lot on "Copy into translation" and on
> "Submit"

These are the currently defined shorcuts:
docs.translatehouse.org/projects/pootle/en/latest/features/shortcuts.html

> Thanks in advance !

Dwayne

*Translate*
+27 12 460 1095 (work)