Apologies for the email and covering again things I would have expected to
find in the docs.

I now have pootle running against mysql but I'm having a really hard time
getting a new project set up.

Is there any documentation on how to set up a new project from scratch? The
closest I've found is
http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/pootle/en/stable-2.5.1/features/version_control.html

But I have my new git project in repos/projName and copied the files to
translations/projName, but still pootle doesn't pick up on the files at all.

Right now I have an en.po file and I want to add a blank fr.po so I can
start translating to french for example. But adding these files in the
translations folder just seems to do nothing, even if I tell pootle to
rescan the project files.

Have I just missed a page in the docs or is this setup step just not
documented? This seems really hard to get started with.

Many thanks,

Mark