G'day Pal :)

(Sorry for the delay in replying.)

i have been too sick to translate any software, for quite a while now, so I'm
not familiar with the current state of the programs used. I suggest you contact
the Pootle project: they're good people, and will help you.

I've copied this reply to the Pootle mailing list, which I suggest you join.
It's not heavy traffic.

Pootle people, I miss you! Please help Pal out. Anyone with the persistence and
capability to take on manpage translation deserves our support. :)

*waves from her chair/bed in South Australia*

Clytie

> On 6 Jan 2015, at 7:38 pm, Csányi Pál <csanyi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Clytie,
>
> I find your webpage when I searching Internet for HOWTO about
> translating manpages:
> http://localization-guide.readthedocs.org/en/latest/guide/project/manpages.html
>
> I want to translate manpage of TuDu project, downloadable from here:
> https://gitorious.org/tudu/tudu/raw/166d870180f75121398ce6265fb692ba7f965e97:data/tudu.1
>
> I have installed Pootle on my Arch linux system. This is a Desktop machine.
>
> As you sed:
> <quote>
> Pootle has integrated po4a and the Translate Toolkit filters, which
> enabled me recently to upload a trial manpage to Pootle, have it
> automatically converted there to PO format, translate it easily, then
> have it converted back to g(roff). This simplified the translation
> process considerably.
> </quote>
>
> I have a problem when want to upload the tudu.1 manpage to my Pootle server.
>
> I get Error message:
>
> Server Error
> An error has occurred. Thank you for your patience.
> Unknown filetype (tudu.1)
>
> So, it seems that, that my Pootle doesn't upload trial manpage to, not
> that automatically converts there to PO format..
>
> What am I missing here?
> How can I solve this problem?
>
> --
> Regards from Pal

from Clytie

Clytie Siddall -- Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Apologies if this email is badly written or difficult to understand: due to
illness, the writer has cognitive problems, has great difficulty typing and is
severely debilitated.