Von: sujan karanjeet [mailto:sujan54...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Wednesday, July 08, 2015 8:37 PM
An: Robert Williams
Cc: translate-pootle@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: Re: [translate-pootle] translating localization files used in online
code

Hi Robert,

You'll need to create some workflow first. I've been doing something similar
which might help you.

I've created scripts for synchronizing the template files with the repository.
(I guess you are already using the templates :) ). But anyways I'll tell you
briefly about my scripts.

1. Update Script - Runs once a day to check if the repository has been updated
or not.

  *   Check the diff between the current template and the latest file from the
repository.
  *   Update the template file if there's any change.
  *   Synchronize the pootle database using some pootle commands. Example:

     *   pootle refresh_stats --project=XXX --language=template (Rescan the
template file to get the latest file)
     *   pootle update_against_templates --project=XXX --language=fr (Update
the language files against the recently updated template)
2. Download Script - This script is run when the translations are done. It
synchronizes the pootle database to the files on the disk (written to the disk)

  *   pootle sync_stores (Synchronizes all the translated strings to the disk)
  *   Create a zip of all the translated files and download it.

Cheers,
Sujan

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Robert Williams
<robert.willi...@stimme-der-hoffnung.de<mailto:robert.willi...@stimme-der-hoffnung.de>>
 wrote:
Hello,

We have setup a Pootle server for translation of localization files (.xlf
format). These files are used by our backend code to provide localized text on
the frontend of a  website. Our code, including the language files, is under
Git. I am trying to develop a process where the language files are checked into
a Git repository by the developer, the language files are moved from Git to the
Pootle server. Once the translation is completed on the Pootle server, the
files can be moved back into Git. Would like to automate this as much as
possible.

Has anyone done something similar to this? I am new to Pootle, so do not know
what is available, so am reading through the documentation. From our "About
this Pootle Server" Link: Pootle 2.6.0-rc2 is powered by Translate Toolkit
1.13.0.

Thank you,

Robert Williams B.S.
Web-Development

STIMME DER HOFFNUNG Adventist Media Center

Sandwiesenstr. 35
D - 64665 Alsbach-Haehnlein

Tel: +49 (0) 62 57 - 5 06 53-18
Fax: +49 (0) 62 57 - 5 06 53-70