Dear translators,

I wanted to bring to your attention a new kind of content to be translated:
online course materials from the Foundation's new online learning platform,
WikiLearn[1].  Any course on the platform can be translated into any
language you are motivated to translate it into.

The content to be translated is both text units and video subtitles.  The
translation system is familiar to you -- it is Meta. (The content is
exported from WikiLearn onto Meta for translation, then imported back into
WikiLearn and applied by the course owners.)

These are early days, and certain convenience features are still missing:
the first step to translation a course into a new language is not automatic
-- you need to write to me and specify the course name and target
language you want to translate into, and I enable it.

However, there are several course and language combinations already enabled
on the platform that would welcome your contributions, and I am happy to
enable more combinations based on your expressed interest.

To see the list of courses currently needing translation, see this
list[2].  You can filter the list using the dropdowns on the right to only
show target languages you care about.  If you find one you're interested
in, you can click it to get the list of translation units; next to each
unit is a small arrow icon, which would take you to that translation unit
on Meta to perform the actual translation, as usual.

Please consider helping bring these course materials to more Wikimedians
around the world, and do let me know if you would like to translate
something into a language not yet listed there.

Cheers!

    A.

[1] https://learn.wiki/courses
[2] https://studio.learn.wiki/meta_translations/discover_courses/

Asaf Bartov (he/him/his)

Lead Program Officer, Community Development Communities

https://donate.wikimedia.org