Greetings,

This is an update for administrators and translators who utilize the translation notification system to inform or stay informed about new pages available for translation.

To reduce unnecessary notifications, we are implementing a script that will unsubscribe translators who have been inactive or blocked for over a year. Inactive translators are those who haven’t made any contributions to any of the Wikimedia sites. Unsubscribed translators will receive a notification informing them that they have been unsubscribed.

Here are the statistics as of June 27th, 2023:

1.

   Mediawiki:

     * Total translators signed up for notifications: 325
     * Inactive translators: 188
     * Blocked translators: 8
2.

   Meta-Wiki:

     * Total translators signed up for notifications: 3461
     * Inactive translators: 2151
     * Blocked translators: 18

We're planning to run the script on Monday, July, 3rd, 2023. For more detailed information or to leave any feedback that you might have, please refer to the related Phabricator task: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T323192

Thank you for your attention.

​
--

Regards,