Dear Treggers,

We have a battery back-up unit which will drive our product in the event
of power failure.
We have been trying to find batteries whose casing has a flammability
rating of V-0 (customer requires that all materials shall be V-0).
EN60950 (IEC950) calls for V-2 or better.

Our attention has been drawn to EN50091-1 :1993 a standard for
Uninterruptable Power Systems. Section 4.4 states that The provisions of
4.4.1 to 4.4.8 of the referred document (EN60950) apply and in addition
the following note to 4.4.3.2/RD applies: 'Batteries shall have a
flammability class HB or better'.

Does anyone know the reason for the relaxation on flammability
requirements for batteries used in UPS?

Best regards,

Alan Booth.

Equipment Engineering Group
Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Limited
Solihull Parkway
Birmingham Business Park
Birmingham
B37 7YU