I agree with Rich's suggestion re treating this as a Limited Current
Circuit, and
carrying out the test in 2.4 with a 2000 ohm resistor. We have done this for
several LCD displays we use, to satisfy UL, and they seem happy to accept
this.
We also short circuit the transformer output to prove that no hazard
results, and if
I recall correctly, this also serves to satisfy 5.4.4 c) if the operational
creepage
and clearances at the transformer output are insufficient (which is quite
likely).

Note that the wiring from the backlight circuit to the lamp needs to be
rated for
the voltage being produced - normal 600V wiring won't be good enough. Our
vendors typically supply the backlight circuit board with flying leads using
silicn rubber insulation.
Regards,
John Crabb, Development Excellence (Product Safety) ,
NCR  Financial Solutions Group Ltd.,  Kingsway West, Dundee, Scotland. DD2
3XX
E-Mail :john.cr...@scotland.ncr.com
Tel: +44 (0)1382-592289  (direct ). Fax +44 (0)1382-622243.   VoicePlus
6-341-2289.

---------