I spent some time this winter researching Turkey and I was told that the
primary service provider, Turk Telekom, handled the approvals.  I contacted
several people at several different ministries and embassies, etc and was
sent to them consistently.  So I thought you might like to have the
following addresses & numbers:

The Ministry of Transportation is responsible for policies and regulation
through the following two offices:

General Directorate of Communications
Harberlesme Genel Müdürlügü
06510 Emek-Ankara
Turkey
Telephone: +90 312 212 4946
Telefax: +90 312 212 1775
(Wired communications)

General Directorate of Radiocommunications
Telsiz Genel Müdürlügü (TGM)
06510 Emek-Ankara
Turkey
Telephone: +90 312 251 1638 / 211 6010
Telefax: +90 312 221 3226
(Spectrum management)

However, the approval authority in Turkey is:

Türk Telekomünikasyon AS
Technical Operations and Maintenance Department
Data Communications Group
Turhut Özal Bulvari
Ziraat Mahallesi
06103 Ankara
Turkey
Telephone: +90 312 313 1341 / 44 / 43
Telefax: +90 312 313 1347
Website: www.telekom.gov.tr
Contact: Mr. Mehmet Tasaltin, Head of Technical Operations and Maintenance

I hope that you find this valuable.  If you find anything that proves this
wrong I would be most grateful for the correction.

Have a great day,

Geneva Stimac
BHS International
sti...@bhsintl.com